Cecilia Chui is a member of the Hong Kong Catholic Biblical Association (HKCBA),
Full Member of the CBF, and Liaison Secretary of the Biblical Servicing
Center of the United Chinese Catholic Biblical Association (UCCBA),
Associate Member of the CBF.
Ms. Chui has been serving as Subregional Coordinator since 1990.
She was reelected by the Executive Committee in 2008.
Northeast Asia belongs, together with South Asia (with members in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka), Southeast Asia (with members in Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia-Singapore-Brunei, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam) and Oceania (with members in Australia, Fiji, French Polynesia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Tonga), to the CBF region of Asia/Oceania.
The following countries are members of the Northeast Asia Subregion:
Hong Kong (1 Full Member, 3 Associate Members)
Japan (3 Associate Members)
Korea (1 Full Member, 5 Associate Members)
Macau (1 Full Member)
Taiwan (1 Full Member)
For more information about the member institutions, cf. Members in Northeast Asia, Member Database.
Recommit ourselves in the biblical pastoral ministry in three main areas:
- Awareness building
- Networking and collaboration
1. Awareness Building
- Continue to intensify promotion of greater awareness of the importance at different levels of the Church.
- Development and execution of biblical formation programs for the laity; make available different biblical materials, e.g. guidelines of Bible Enthronement Ceremony; different Bible sharing methods; foster inculturated reading and praying of the Bible.
- Facing the challenge of religious pluralism - the Biblical Committee of Korea will make efforts to help the Korean faithful to strengthen their Christian identity and belief; members of the subregion will see to the possibility of collaborating with the World Council of Churches to overcome violence and lack of religious freedom.
- Make use of electronic media - SOLPH (Sisters of Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Korea) to continue to intensify its Cyber Bible Apostolate; continue to develop a website for sharing news in the biblical pastoral ministry for the Greater China region and overseas Chinese communities.
3. Networking and Collaboration
- UCCBA (United Chinese Catholic Biblical Association) to continue to extend its membership network of Chinese communities worldwide.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with other Asian subregions.